Lopez Piano Studio Policy
Thank you for choosing me as your piano teacher! In order to ensure that you or your child get the most effective and creative teaching possible, I have established the following policies for 2017-2018.
- I will teach your child the language of music.
- I will provide a studio with a positive and enthusiastic environment.
- I will tailor the curriculum to match your child’s specific learning needs.
- I will be prepared each week with a lesson plan specific to your child.
- I will provide performance opportunities throughout the year to motivate and develop your child's self-esteem.
- Provide a piano in the best possible condition.
- Set aside a regular time for practice each day (this can be done all at once or divided into two or more daily practice sessions) to develop self-discipline and good practice habits. Younger children especially need help from parents with their practicing.
- Encourage progress! Many small steps throughout the year yield great results! Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend lessons at any time.
- Check your child's notebook and studio website (www.lopezpianos.mymusicstaff.com) weekly for pertinent information.
- Provide a metronome and repertoire/method books. Photocopied materials are illegal and will not be used unless the original music is no longer in print and we have permission from the copyright owner.
- Provide a practice environment that is free from interruptions (family, friends, TV, computer or phone).
- Be financially responsible. Pay tuition on time. For account questions sign in to the website using your password. Account information can be found there.
- Communicate any questions or concerns you may have about your child’s progress.
- Be helpful, interested and supportive!
- Arrive at each lesson punctually, well-prepared, and with all necessary materials. If you arrive five minutes late, your lesson is five minutes shorter. You reserve the time slot, not the number of minutes.
- Practice - In order to progress satisfactorily, daily quality practice is necessary and required.
- Participate in Studio activities. Lopez Piano Studio will require all students to participate in the Texas Music Teachers Association's (TMTA) state theory test. Along with our Fall and Spring Recitals, they will be encouraged to participate in one Festival per year.
Tuition & Fees
- Students will need to purchase method books and music on occasion throughout the year. Additional event fees may be required for festivals, competitions and other performance events.
- Statements will be emailed prior to the first week of each month with a reminder of current tuition charges, as well as any additional material or event fees.
- Students should plan to commit to lessons for the full school year. If unforeseen circumstances require a student to terminate lessons mid-year a written notice is required two weeks before termination date.
Tuition Rates & Payment Schedule
Yearly tuition for 30 minute lessons is $1,050 for the year. Your tuition guarantees that I will be present to teach 35 weeks and will be divided into 9 equal payments of $116.66 a month. Tuition is due by the first lesson of every month from August through May. A $10 late fee will be assessed for late payments.
45 minute lessons are $1,400 for the year. 35 lessons will be divided into 9 monthly payments of $155.55.
60 minute lessons are $2,100 for the year. 35 lessons will be divided into 9 monthly payments of $233.33.
- Students are expected to attend each scheduled week of the semester. When you register for lessons, your time slot is reserved for you for the teaching year. Please keep in mind that our studio operates at full capacity and make-ups for missed lessons are not guaranteed. No refunds will be given for missed lessons.
- In the event that your student needs to miss a lesson because of a conflict or illness, please contact me with as much advance notice as possible.
- Any lessons missed by the instructor due to illness or emergency will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
- Please be prompt – lesson times cannot be extended for students who arrive late. Students should be picked up promptly at the end of their lesson time.
- All students must have a piano or digital piano for home practice. The quality of your student’s home instrument plays a significant role in their potential for success.
Acoustic pianos should be tuned at least once a year, and kept in working order. If you prefer a digital piano, please invest in a full-size keyboard (88 keys) with weighted, touch-sensitive keys and pedals.
Photo/Video Release Form
From time to time I use photos and short videos of my students on the on the studio website lopezpiano.mymusicstaff.com, Blog and Facebook Page. If you do not want your child's image(s) to be used, please let me know. In general, the students love to see their pictures and videos on my website or Blog. They find it motivating and exciting to think that others want to know what they are learning. The students are identified only by first name. By signing below you are giving Lopez Piano Studio permission to use your child's photo on the website, blog and Facebook Page.
Parent Signature Date